Sunday, October 11, 2009

High Fidelity

High Fidelity

John Cusack stars in the film based on the novel by Nick Hornby. 2000. Director: Stephen Frears.
Rob Gordon (John Cusack) is a man obsessed with music. He owns a record store called Championship Vinyl where he spend his days with the two employees Barry (Jack Black) and Dick (Todd Louiso). Especially Barry seems to think that he's so much smarter then everyone else, which makes him very irritating.
Rob's girlfriend Laura (Iben Hjejle) has just left him. He starts thinking of what he's doing wrong. Of some reason, he always gets dumped. So he decides to visit all of his "Top-5"-most rememberable break-ups.
He's trying to get Laura back, but it's not going so well. Especially not when she has moved in with the odd man Ian (Tim Robbins). Will Rob ever face his own weaknesses and win Laura back?
This movie is fun and entertaining. Even though I'm rather interested in music, I didn't know of every single singer or group that they mention in this movie. But that's not such an especially big problem.
John Cusack is great in his role and he's really funny even though I can find he's caracter rather smug and sometimes I think that he's an idiot. But apart from that, he's a caracter that you can care about.
Jack Black's caracter is so extremely irritating sometimes that I would like to hit him in the face. But I can't, so I just got to forget about it, it's just a caracter in a movie. But I wonder if Jack Black isn't a bit like the caracter in real life...

No comments: