Sunday, October 11, 2009

The Trouble with Harry

The Trouble with Harry

The only Hitchcock movie that I find completely pathetic. 1955. Director: Alfred Hitchcock.
One day in fall, a little boy finds a dead man on a hill in the country. The people in the village then tries to come up with an idea of how to hide the body and find out who killed the man and who it is.
This movie is a movie that I find completely pathetic. The first time I saw it I didn't understand which genre this movie belonged to. I then read that it was a comedy, but I didn't understand that when I saw it. It wasn't funny, not even one time.
It was boring all through, every second of the picture. A waste of my life. But I can't stop seeing a Hitchcock-movie if I've started seeing it. That would be even worse because then I wouldn't be able to review it. Now I can do that, and all I need to tell you is that it's boring and it doesn't make any sense at all!
I adore Hitchcock's way of making movies and I think that he's like a magician in moviemaking. He's the master of suspense and the best director ever, but unfortunately, this movie isn't good at all. It's simply bad.

No comments: